Members of the Hellenic Community of Vancouver are an integral part of a significant network of Greek Canadians who represent the voice of Greece outside Greece and who play an important role in economic development activities and are a part of our Vancouver Community. The Hellenic Community of Vancouver is British Columbia’s Greek community. Established in 1927, it serves as a spiritual, cultural and social gathering place for Greeks of Vancouver and has been an integral part of Vancouver’s vibrant history.
The Hellenic Community’s roots first began on Vine and 7th Avenue, in the heart of the Kitsilano neighborhood. As the Greek population began to grow in the 1960s and 1970s, the Hellenic Community expanded and moved to its current location at 4500 Arbutus at Valley Drive where St. George’s Greek Orthodox Cathedral was built in 1974 and the Hellenic Community Centre was built shortly thereafter in 1977.
Membership is open to all individuals and companies with an interest in business links between Western Canada and Greece and are a part of our growing community.
BEING A MEMBER OF THE HELLENIC COMMUNITY OF VANCOUVER OPENS UP A WIDE RANGE OF BENEFITS:
- Learn about other cultures and your own culture
- Expand your understanding of the multicultural community
- Develop your “cultural competency” – your ability to communicate and work comfortably with people of other cultural backgrounds
- Make new friendships that can last a lifetime
- See your community through the eyes of a newcomer
- Practice teaching skills and Develop community outreach skills
- Share the fun and energy at social events
- Learn about the structure and operations of a not for profit organization
- Contribute towards growing your community’s population and building its future
|Family Membership:||$150 Per Year|
|Individual Membership:||$75 Per Year|
|Student and Senior Membership:||$40 Per Year|