The Hellenic Community of Vancouver is Vancouver’s first Greek community,
established in 1927.
As a member, you share your faith, traditions and customs with Canadians of Greek descent, or those with a deep affection for Greek culture and the Orthodox Church.
Together with our sister communities in East Vancouver, Surrey & Fraser Valley and Victoria, our members support, connect and learn from one another. Our Hellenic Community Centre is a second home to our members, as it’s the spiritual, cultural and social gathering place, and has been an integral part of Vancouver’s vibrant history. In a city where space is scarce, we are fortunate to have our own facility with rich programming, exciting events and community gatherings.
Your membership dues are tax deductible, and help fund member services. In order to become a member, one needs to follow the Greek Orthodox Christian faith and traditions.
BEING A MEMBER OF THE HELLENIC COMMUNITY OF VANCOUVER OPENS UP A WIDE RANGE OF BENEFITS:
- Gain a deeper understanding of the Greek culture, with its diverse regions and customs
- Ability to conduct sacraments (wedding, baptism, funeral) at our beautiful Byzantine-style St. George Greek Orthodox Cathedral
- Enjoy access to educational and social programming for our youth.
- Reduced pricing on facility rental and sacrament certificate requests
- Member benefits on special promotions such as travel insurance
- Share the fun and energy at social events
- Contribute towards growing your community’s population and building its future
Our new membership system is up and running!
we have a couple of new exciting features:
-you can now pay for membership for a couple (regular $300 or senior $150)
Click on the button below to register