Welcome to St George’s Greek Orthodox Cathedrals Sunday School page. Sunday school is a religious educational institution catering to the children of our community.
We are regularly looking to improve the quality of our program and are eager for parent volunteers. If you are interested in offering your time and talents to our Sunday School program, please contact us as we need teachers, assistants, homeroom parents, substitute teachers and people to review and further develop our curricula and handbook. Classes begin right after communion. Please help to make sure that the students and teachers get in line for communion first so that they won’t be late for class!
“With us everything should be secondary compared to our concern with children, and their upbringing in the instruction and teaching of the Lord.” – Saint John Chrysostom
Goals of our Sunday School Program:
- To encourage all students to participate in our Sunday School Program.
- To make our Sunday school spiritually enriching for our children.
- To establish a stable Christian educational environment.
- To provide Christian awareness and education for inclusive classrooms and learning format / geared for all children of all abilities.
- To provide well rounded and theologically based lessons on the Bible, Liturgical Worship, Prayer Life, Sacramental Life, and Mission Awareness.
- To have a dependable volunteer staff, who because of their personal commitment to Christ, serve His Church as teachers.
- To provide the staff and students with text books and other resources (i.e. craft supplies, videos) which inspire and enhance Christian learning.
- To provide Sunday school students the opportunity to learn about Stewardship and caring for our Church, community center and grounds.
- To learn how to work together with one another in the House of God.
- To encourage respect and Christian agape among all children of our church.
Date of Class: Every Sunday
Time of Class: After Communion (approximately 11am)
Start Date: September 24, 2016
End Date: June 4th 2017
Sunday School Teacher: Helen Nicolidakis Soulbury