SGM Notice & AGM Followup
SOCIETIES ACT REQUIREMENT
SPECIAL GENERAL MEETING, SUNDAY MARCH 31st
12:30pm (IMMEDIATELY FOLLOWING CHURCH)
Due to the Societies Act financial filing requirements, we are calling a Special General Meeting in order to approve the 2018 financial report so that we may meet the filing deadline of March 31st.There will only be one topic:Voting to approve the 2018 financial statements as presented in the Annual General Meeting of March 13th, with an amendment to include the required footnote in order to be compliant:
#6. DISCLOSURES REQUIRED UNDER THE SOCIETIES ACT
On November 28, 2016 the new British Columbia Securities Act came into force. Included in the new Act is a requirement to disclose the remuneration paid to all its directors, as well as any employees and contractors who were paid at least $75,000 annually.
During the year, there was no remuneration to the directors and there were no employees or contractors paid in excess of $75,000.
- Thank you to everyone who came out and for a great turnout – we had 165 members participating and already over 520 members have paid their 2019 dues!
- We hope you found the voter cards an easy way to identify our members and have accurate voting. If you left with your voter card, please make sure and return them to the HCV office.
- The financial statements will be revised with the required footnotes and presented at the Special General Meeting on March 31st, 2019 after church, for approval and immediate submission to Victoria.
- The constitution committee is working hard to revise and update our constitution.
- The Long-term planning committee is also working hard to evaluate our situation and present some viable development options hopefully in the Fall.
- The Board of Directors will look at the possibility, with the memberships’ cooperation, to email important information rather than sending it via post in order to save money. Stay tuned for more information!
- The Maintenance Committee has compiled a list of items that need to be fixed/upgraded in the Community Centre or Church. If you would like more information or would like to volunteer materials/services, please contact us!
TREE OF LIFE LEGACY CAMPAIGN
The Tree of Life Legacy Campaign was kicked off at Wednesday evening’s AGM when a member spontaneously began a basket collection with a $5 bill that blossomed to
$3,770, and continued to grow Thursday, today and beyond! This amount has already been deposited into a separate “Tree of Life” account. Everyone will be recognized and every donation will be accepted, no matter how large or small.
Click here for more information
Click to donateLet’s give a great gift to the Hellenic Community for it’s 92nd birthday on 13th June!
MEMBERSHIP DUES CHANGES
Membership dues will be going up effective April 1st, 2019The new rates are:
- Individuals are going from $75 to $150
- Seniors (65+) from $40 to $75
- Students (19+) from $40 to $50
- Children 18 and under are free
All 2019 memberships already received/paid by March 31st will be honoured for the entire calendar year at the original rates. Additional “top-up” donations are always accepted 🙂